Thursday, October 25, 2007

Rectifying the past

Today, I again passed my mom at the same intersection on her way back to Healdsburg, but this time, she was not eating a sandwich, and she DID see me, and we waved enthusiastically at each other! We both commented on the slim odds that this would happen. We both had to be taking the same street, for one thing, and she always takes Lake (I learned after the fact) but I usually take California. Also, if I had been one second later, I would have missed her, because she was just about to make the turn that takes her to the Golden Gate Bridge. It was the same intersection I saw her at before, the same one where she was eating the sandwich and didn't see me. It is just so RIGHT and so fateful that we would get another chance and see each other and get to wave so lovingly and enthusiastically! The past was remedied, entirely.

Also, I walked to a playground with Dena, and on the way there, Daisy's handmade pumpkin hat fell off. It was a windy day, and I thought it was lost forever. We spent several hours at the playground, so the chances seemed slim, but for the sake of it, I walked back the same way with Dena, retracing our steps to see if the hat would still be there. And we FOUND it! Some kind person had hung it from a post so the person who lost it could see it easily if she looked.

Oh yes, and for a third thing: I had to do a desperation parking job today at a meter, even though I only had enough money for half an hour and I knew I'd be there for an hour. When I got back to my car, no ticket.

Some days are not my days, and I guess others are. Already I'm dreading the bad luck day that will surely follow this one... three crappy things to happen to me, to make it all even?

Oh well. I will enjoy the end of my good luck day for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day! I had some parking meter good fortune recently, too.

I think you're fixated on your mom eating the sandwich, since the phrase keeps popping up! Maybe you need to go to that place and get YOURSELF a sandwich! But glad you were able to remedy things with silly waving and smiling. :-)

The pumpkin hat sounds adorable!

Anonymous said...

When my car passed your car and I was able to wave wildly at you and you at me I felt so happy that I was floating for hours after. Your face was very beautiful with a big loving smile on it. How can a Jewish mother have this much luck? I can die happy now.