Saturday, March 15, 2008

I guess there are some people reading this blog?

Okay; I need to apologize. I honestly thought I was writing to a void. I hope recent posts of mine haven't offended anyone. Please know that I would never write something potentially hurtful about anyone if there was even the remotest chance they were reading this blog. (I.e., my post about feeling hurt by a friend; I would never post something like that about anyone I gave this silly blog's address to. But the point of that post was not to bash the friend, but to explain that I felt stymied by my inability to express a feeling of hurt to her in a way that wouldn't lead to melodramas.) The truth is, a big part of why I started this blog is that I need to feel less like I am censoring myself. I want to be a little more open. I want to feel a little less inhibited by my pathological tendency to try to please everyone in the world. I think I need to, rather badly. Perhaps then I should be writing in a completely private form; I am not sure there's any argument for not doing so. I haven't entirely figured out what this blog is. If you actually want to read it, I appreciate that, I really do. I hope the Me that emerges won't be too off-putting. There, you see? I'm doing it again!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your friends who know and love you (and also have numerous pathological tendencies)will never find the You that emerges on your blog off-putting.

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Wait, that may not have come out right ... what I *mean* to say is, how could anyone find you off-putting? We love you!

That's more like it :o)

Love,
Jenny

Meghan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, and I understand what you are trying to do. For exactly these reasons, I started a new blog that I told NOBODY about, not even Dave. But I don't write in it. I mean, what's the point?
------------------------
...aw, crap. I forgot not to have the ID linked back to my blog... can you remove that comment? I tried to, and it took away everything EXCEPT my ID. Duh.

Anonymous said...

Oh. No. Okay. It did it. Link to blog removed. This is Meg, by the way.

I feel 'toopit.

Lola said...

Is the comment okay to be left, Meg? I don't see anything linking anywhere....

Lola said...

PS
Thank you, both of you, for making me feel much better!